CityMinx

Thursday, July 27, 2006

I left my cash in San Francisco

Hi kids!

Wow, what a few weeks it has been. SF was fantastic, no other way to describe it. I have been told for years that I would love it, and man, what a great town. city. whatever.

But first.

I had an interesting conversation the other night. I was talking to someone (hi you, I know you're reading this), and I was saying how I really didn't like writing emails. Didn't like communicating that way. He said, but, you have a blog, that's writing.
You know, I think it's different. I think when I write here, it's not me. I mean, of course it's me, but it's almost a character. And in reading over the archives, apparently my character is an eight year old who's had too much sugar. What I'm saying is, when I write here I can be silly and make up stories and write selectively about whatever and whomever and whenever I want. Real writing (in communication, I mean) is so much more. More honest, more explaining, more thinking about how to present yourself best. I think I overthink it way too much. Which is why I have this little webpage of silliness right here. Think of it as my 5pm cocktail. Hell, it's always 5 o'clock somewhere.

So! Anyway! SF. Apparently that's what you call it. If you call it San Fran or Frisco they beat you with sticks. Actually, I'm way too tired to post about my week there. Luckily, the fabulous and wonderful and funny Dave has kindly made me a website with all my photos! Isn't he fantastic? Everyone go visit his website and podcast and give Dave some love.

So I came back from SF and hit the ground running. Arrived tuesday morning. Went to ball game with Dad tuesday night. Wednesday worked on a commercial. Thursday worked on Enchanted. Came home at 4am. Gave into the plague that had popped up in my immune system and crashed out for two days. Now I'm losing track.

So, it's been good. Been working. Been getting over the plague or flu or whatever I had. Had an amazing time out west, I promise I'll write more about it when I get back. Going upstate for a few days, to work. And enjoy the scenery.

So, ever notice I start all my paragraphs with so? Okay my loves, more exciting happenings and musings and teasings and stories upon my return.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Darling!
    I know what you mean about the different persona one creates for a blog - mine is a boring middle-aged nun - well, my parents read it so I have to watch what I write!!
    Enjoy upsate and hope to see you soon and catch up.

     
  • At 3:24 AM, Blogger Katy said…

    So, you have voices too?

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger MUDNYC said…

    Update please! I need some vicarious living fodder!!!

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Fells said…

    Don't ever call it Frisco!!!!! :-)

    Chris(The former San Franciscan)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home