CityMinx

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I got more done today before the time I'm usually awake...

I love this!

Here's the pic:

And here's the link to the article about said photo. Tho, sometimes, it's better to make up the story one's self, dontcha think?

Ooof, I'm beat. I was up at 4am, to go to work today. And I decided to do it sans Ambien, as per my complete idiocy on the med. So......got about 4 hours of sleep. And I was determined not to nap, since I had mega multi things to get done today. And - miracle of miracles, a lot of it actually did get done! What did not get done: finding a shrug for the dress, the all important mani pedi, and the cleaning of the apartment. But that may happen in a little while. I did get laundry done, hit the pharmacy, shopped all of 9th street (I had no idea there were so many great and inexpensive vintage stores there! I mean, why would I? I've only lived on this street eight years). I put up the blind that's been sitting on the floor for two days. I got various crafty things done, y'all know what I'm talking about, and I found the frickin trains.

And, finally some knitting progress. May I present...Moishe the Hasidic Elephant


Yeah, well, he was supposed to be Indian looking, but, seriously, take a look. That tallis, that yamulke. Looks kinda Lubavitch, no?
And that's the fabulous Berhan making sweet sweet cuddly love...no, can't go there. That's Berhan, holding it. Up next, the Incredibly Long Swatch, or whatever it's called, from Knit and Tonic. Yee-ha! Then, I swear, a garment of some sort. It's about damn time.


I should keep a notebook with me throughout the day. I'm always coming up with little bon mots (not to be confused with amuse bouches) that I think, hey, I should put that in the blog. And then I sit down here, and forget all the witty and slyly humorous things I want to say.

Wow, the minx likes to whine a bit tonight, doesn't she? I should end my day, stop eating the mallomars, and go to bed. Leave the packing and the organizing and the repacking of the kit and the grooming and the trying on of high heels and what to wear on Friday and the paying of bills and the arranging to have Jez taken care of to tomorrow.

And that, dear reader, is just what I'm gonna do.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    I just love rading your blog! I think you're funny and clever even if you aren't writing what you forgot. Have fun at the party!

     
  • At 12:16 AM, Blogger MUDNYC said…

    Elephant is awesome! Did you make the accourtrements up yourself?

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    CUTE!!!
    The elephant's not bad either - heheheeeeheeeee!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home