CityMinx

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Party Crafts Redux

So, what have I been up to the past month or so?

I mean, sure. Work, paying bills, cooking and eating, knitting and crocheting. Living life and having fun. But what have I really been up to?

This:

And these:


Here's a close-up:

I think this was my favorite:


And five each of these:


And I had the pleasure of dragging home (walking, no less) about 80 pounds of candy from Economy Candy to turn into this:



And goody bags for the golfers (have I ever said that 'swag' is one of my very favorite words?:

Which included this loot:

And, it all added up to this:

And you wonder why I've been a bit stressed.

So, basically, I've been a CraftyMinx. And to tell the truth, I'm not really an artsy type of person. I leave that to my sister-in-law. And I really couldn't go to a Michael's or AC Moore, so I basically ran around, multiple times, to Pearl Paint, fabric stores, NY Bakery Supply, every damn frickin toy and hobby store in the city, Party City, Gristede's, D'Agastino's, KMart, a really really scary subterranean train shop on 45th street, and the liquor store. A few of them, actually. Oh! and every time I went into a bar (hey, it was necessary) I'd ask if they had german beer coasters. Not to mention finding something to wear. I was a lot of fun the past month.

And I had to deal with my mother. Clandestine emails, phone calls (to make sure my dad wasn't around to see the fax or email I was sending), texts, and her arranging her route so that he wouldn't see her car driving down Route 17. Plus just listening to her have to blow off steam, and fret about who hasn't yet rsvp'd, and what she would wear, and all the errata that goes on with throwing a semi-formal event, not to mention a surprise party and secret roast. And a golf outing the next day. And my poor brother, who just started a new job, had to deal with helping co-ordinating all these details, plus providing the graphics I needed and dealing with a questionnaire he had devised.

We was busy.

But, it was all worth it. It was, as I had said, a fabulous party. Unfortunately, the pictures I took are generally horrible, so they're not worth posting. But we had those disposable cameras on each table, so if there's a good shot, I'll post that one.


Ok, shake it off. It's done. Yee-ha!

So, what else is new? I bought yarn! I was at The Point, and they had a sale table. Not a bin, a table. With this:Katia Sevilla.

In this colorway. I love this color. When make-up shopping, I'm a sucker for this kind of stone color. I own about 9 or 10 shades of stone. I think what I really want to do is cut the yarn into little pieces, and tape them to my eyelids.

But, what to do with it? A wrap, so I can stop shopping for one. If anyone has a great pattern for a shimmery ribbon yarn wrap, please please let me know. I'd even pay for the pattern (gasp!)

Ok kiddies, that's all for now. Back to normal life tomorrow. Yay!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my goodness, those place cards are about the cutest thing I've ever seen! Your dad is very lucky to have such a caring and crafty daughter! And I'm not believing one word of that "I'm not so artsy" stuff--that is just not true!

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger MUDNYC said…

    What a massive and fun event that party must have been! I hope my kids are as creative and devoted as you are. I'm sure he had a kick ass time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home