CityMinx

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Addendum

Quick question:

How come, when you happen to find out that your toilet is broken and your lazy putz of a super refuses to come out of his apartment cause it's (gasp!) 10:30pm, do you suddendly develop an incredible thirst, and the inability to think about anything other than the fact that there is an urge to use said facilities?

Just wondering...

Anyway, I realize that I had left a bunch of photos out - mainly cause I hadn't taken them yet, and to distract myself from the sound of water, water all around me (seriously, it's raining cats and dogs out there), I figured I'd do a shorty post. And I just accidentally wrote pisst. Sigh.

Remember I talked about double decker trains? I was kinda bummed that I hadn't taken any photos of the train. And then, on my way home from Rhode Island, I saw across the platform, this:

IMG_2247

Thanks, serendipity!

And speaking of Rhode Island, the scene I was working on was a Jewish / Indian wedding. The makeup artist called me a few days beforehand to tell me what to bring, what to expect, etc. She mentioned the scene, and I laughed "Oh, I have lots of experience with both of those!" See, the town I grew up in has a huge Indian population. Seriously, most of my girlfriends at home are named, Shilpa, Latha, Priya. I'd give a shout out, but I don't think they read this. So anyway, she asked if I would try and find Mehndi stencils. I said I thought it'd be faster to freehand them. And lo and behold -

IMG_2228

It's actually supposed to be much more delicat and fine - I had what was basically a felt tip marker to draw this. Still, I'm pretty damn proud of it. Brought me back to my friend's weddings. By far the most fun weddings I've ever attended. All the dancing, the music, the food, getting to wear saris.

Today's Waste Not, Want Not Tip O' The Day...

Do you have any beauty products that come in a metal tube? Do you hate how much waste there is, since it's nigh impossible to roll up the used portion of said tube neatly? Why, me too! I have just the solution for you.....The Hair Color Tube Crimper!!!!

IMG_2251

And just look what it does!

IMG_2250

I must be cracked. I'm blogging about crimping toothpaste tubes. Fuck it, here's a knitting project for you.

IMG_2252

This lumpy mess of purple will eventually be this bit of lovelinesss

Z0574i 03 Shrugs Cardis Wraps.indd

It's Cropped Cardigan with Leaf Ties, which is probably Knitty's least elegantly named pattern. Instead of the yarn called for, I'm usings Elsabeth Lavold's Silky Wool, and I just now found out she's Swedish. A bonus, in my mind. Anyway, I'm making it longer in the waist and arms, and I'm sneaking in a fleur de lis image in the back. And probably a flare at the edges. Or something.

So there. Some random thoughts, some knitting, some crossed legs.

And go see La Vie En Rose. Great flick. Harrowing as hell, but so worth your eleven bucks.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Hi Sexy!

    I haven't checked up on you, (or anyone else for that matter), in ages - thought I may be faced with Japanese self-defence-areobics thingy - how wrong was I?!!
    Lots of posts to catch up on!
    Love the reddness and the long wig- hehe.
    The mehndi hands look fab!
    Love the wide-yet-narrow burger joint - sure I walked by there and never thought to look at the side!!
    Hope to see you and the rest of the gang in 2 weeks!!
    (hope the plumbing is fixed!!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home