CityMinx

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

brrr

it's 3:47 am. i just came home from Pat Field's birthday party at Cielo. I decided not to wear a coat, and Gino's name wasn't on the list, so i stood outside freezing for half an hour wearing what amounted to a silk nightie.

it's weird. there were people from my past that i had expected to see there. and it's disconcerting to realize that most of them are dead or married, or just different now. the ones i do know, from back in the day, are so surgically altered it seems like I'm meeting brand new people.


it's 3:50am. I'm not drunk, I ate at Florent before coming home. I can't reach behind myself high enough to unzip my dress, I'm wearing tights I've owned since the late 80's, but it's my first time wearing them. They're cute, they look like a crossword puzzle, and in the boxes it says Absolut Vodka. Back when Absolut was the good vodka to drink. I'm wearing more makeup than a drag queen, so much that it's still all on, still looking pretty good. My apartment looks like Sephora after a sorority has been through, Jez is batting at my belt and i'm thirsty as hell. I'm sleepy, yet really awake.


It's 3:53am, and it's cold in here. The month is almost over, and for that I'm glad. I love winter, but man, I'm really ready for some warmth.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger MUDNYC said…

    Yeah. YEAH! Minxy is back in the blogosphere! 2 posts in relative succession!

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger JustApril said…

    My feet are cold.

    I loved those Absolute magazine Ads - always weird.

    The Sun'll come OUT toMORROW, bet yer bottom dollar that toMORROW there'll be SUUUN

    let's just hope it is WARM sun, yes?

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger JustApril said…

    OH btw, I have a new blog now, Coffee Crazy Knitters is.....mostly gone

     

Post a Comment

<< Home