CityMinx

Monday, April 10, 2006

I'm covered in schmaltz, and I love it

i know, it's been a while. So long, in fact, that my browser didn't recognize my own damn URL when I typed it in to write this.I do apologize. I blame several things:

The Early Show: Not only is this the Early Morning Gig From Hell, but it ruins the rest of my day. I wake up at 3am, get to work. Work, thinking, oh, this isn't so bad, I don't have to deal with the anchors, the guests can be really interesting, I'm getting a free breakfast and lots of knitting done, and some free books too. And to make me feel guiltier, or more guilty, or something, last time I worked there I found in the Free Book Stash the Morehouse Merino Book AND the Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Knitting Rules!
So shame on me for badmouthing the Early Show. But. Then I get home and actually accomplish things for a few hours, like finding out that there are no lines at all at Trader Joe's at 10:30 in the morning. This is valuable information, people. However, around noon I am a cross-eyed drooling mess. So I pass out on the couch, for about 3 or 5 hours. Then guess what? A triple does of my beloved Ambien can't get me to sleep. I hate the Early Show.
The Julie/Julia Blog: Let's not mention that this blog is 3 years old. Let's not mention that I've already read the book that the blog gave birth to. Let's not even mention that I would probably not ever cook more than five recipes from Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Let's just say that I feel like if I don't read a few weeks' worth of this blog every day, well, let's just say I read a few weeks' worth every day. And all the user comments.
Crocheting the projects for Debbie: Finally finally finally done. And I don't even care that the bear looks like a wombat. Or one of the pod people from The Dark Crystal. Awesome movie, I should rent that.
Passover: Tho, damn, I did make some fine Jewish Penicillin today. Tomorrow is Charoses, Carrot Souffle, and Gelfilte Fish Loaf. If any of you want to come over and be my sous chef, I'd love it. Seriously. C'mon, Jess, you're not working Monday, are you?

So, I should be more on track soon. And I am so looking forward to this weekend, and the sojourn upstate. I think it will be relaxing, if I can unclench just a tad. Mmm, if I'm done early Wednesday, it'll be massage-city for me.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger MUDNYC said…

    Ooooooh, I need a massage too! But I think you'll have better luck getting Jess to help you clean up than cut up...hope you find some good books, and see you tomorrow, finally! Yay!

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Jessamyn said…

    Oh baby! I need some Jewish penicillin like nobody's business. So very, very sick. I'd come help, but I don't think my current pestilence is really all that kosher.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heh heh heh. You know better than to let me in a kitchen! That's nothing but a recipe for disaster, pardon the pun.

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Katy said…

    Ah, relaxing upstate: homemade pizza, lots of knitting, just us girls. I can hardly wait.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home