CityMinx

Thursday, March 23, 2006

I'm Po. And Crazy.

After taking an Ambien, I should be put to bed alone and locked in without any form of communication to the outside world. Because, apparently, I say and do really stupid things about half an hour after taking the friendly little pill. Like, text messaging people that I barely know to inform them (ok, him) that I was now going to bed. Or developing a sudden fondness for eating breadcrumbs with a spoon. Or writing extremely embarrassing emails, to wit:

“hey babe, sorry to hear about the situation, What kind if supplies are needed, adn who shoyud they be sent to? Between all the teachers here i know, the news producers i wrok with, and the crafty people always looking for a place to send materials or finished projects to....hey, youo never know.
sorry for all the misstypings, i'm ambiened up and ready for bed. call my cell wehn you get a chance, i'm working at cbs alllllllllll day
we, the artists and friends and collaborators can do only so much. let;s go after the big guns!!!!! you'd be surprised how lovely and generous they really really are.
talk tp u soon
a drugged up jill
(buy hey! fun to talkto)"


This is me on Ambien. I didn’t even remember I had written this; I found it on my MySpace page when checking out some other stuff. Needless to say, I haven’t received a reply. He’s probably calling the mental hospitals.
And I won’t even go into what I say to people.

So, worked yesterday. It was 11 hours of crocheting. Crocheting into the back loop produces very very tight stitches that are almost impossible to fit the hook into. I’m taking a break and working on another project for Debbie, this one is the bag with the orange on it. But one of the guests we had on the news was a gent named Joseph Jaffe, a media consultant who I think will really change the way we see advertising and media. He has a blog that is fascinating and offered to link up to my humble little ramblings here. I haven’t emailed him yet, I don’t quite know if I’m ready for thousands upon thousands of people to see this. Maybe after I get a counter.

For those of you South Park fans that don’t have cable (are you a fan, Claudine?), definitely check out his blog. The entire episode of the controversial first episode that’s supposed to air tonight is on it. Episode twice in one sentence. Well, good thing I was no English major.

On another note, anyone going to the HousingWorks yarn sale thing? I was planning to, and I still might, but I just looked in my wallet and saw only four dollars. Scrounged around and I’m going to try and cash forty bucks worth of traveler’s checks from when I lived in London eleven years ago. Do those things expire?

And on an up note: Melting equal parts gorgonzola cheese and butter and drizzling said mixture over popcorn is absolutely devinely delish. Will serve at next movie night. Whenever that may be.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    by the way when and where was the houseworks yarn sale.. and do you know if they are having it again? Karola eyeknit4u@aol.com

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ps i also felt terrible for you about the ambien mishap.. i've heard there have been a few.. maybe try something milder like excedrin pm.. one pill knocks me out in 20 minutes thru the nite.. karola

     
  • At 2:22 AM, Blogger Kristoffer said…

    Hey there. I am currently typing on Ambien and went to find some info about it...typing because I needed to find...nevermind. Here's the deal, I like your story. I took my pill an hour ago to get some extra sleep and realized I got stuff to do. Then my grandma calls. Then an hour later I dont feel sleepy I feel wasted. Weird. So, you wanna hang out or something?

     
  • At 2:23 AM, Blogger Kristoffer said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home