CityMinx

Saturday, March 18, 2006

ooooh, ahhhhh, yummmmmmmmmm

Oh my God I’m in heaven. Ice cream heaven. Which I haven’t visited in about 3 years or so. The problem with trying to call one’s self a foodie is when one has so many damn food restrictions. Dairy being one of them. But today whilst shopping at the Food Emporium (which Julie Powell rightly calls the grocery the devil visits when he can’t get to Dean & Deluca’s) I found Soy Delicious Purely Decadent Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert. Oh my yum. Oh my goodness. I’ve really, really missed ice cream. And now I’m totally screwed because I know the existence of this luscious pint o’ calories.

On another note, I am going to bitch about my lack of employment quite regularly on this blog. Because not two hours after I posted the last one, I had gotten two calls for gigs. Union, decently paying gigs. Huzzah!

And referring to my “sweet, sweet, Ambien” remark of yore, check this out. Science sucks.

So, just about ready for tomorrow’s middle eastern feast. Just have to pick out the serving pieces, figure out what to make for dessert, and find pizza dough in the morning.

I’ll write more interesting things later.

PS: Julie Powell, by the way, is the girl who decided to cook all of Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking in a year. I’ve read her book, and now I’m doing things ass-backwards and reading her blog. Fun stuff. Highly addictive. Thank god I can’t have that much cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home