CityMinx

Monday, March 20, 2006

The Copy-Right Infringement Party

Don’t you love having dessert before dinner? That’s how I feel about writing about the party. I’m full. I’m a bit sleepy. The dishwasher is churning and the countertops are clean. The leftovers are packed away and Katy has already blogged about the party so I figured I’d better get on the stick and write something.

And I was afraid I wouldn’t have enough food…. Didn’t even get to make the couscous. Or serve the almond pound cake. I have a big bowl of whipped cream in the fridge. Anyone know if I can freeze that stuff? Thanks to all for bringing stuff. Debbie for the pastries, Lynette for the cookies, Michelle for the veggies and green apple martintis (had one of those after everyone. Thanks to all who brought drinks, and candy and goodies. Forgive me for not mentioning all by name, I’ll show pictures instead. Lori and Debbie

Jenn, looking surprised (or maybe just tired, hmmmmmm????) and Jewel and Jessica

Katy, and lotsa lotsa lotsa books

I only took a few, since I spent most of the time sprawled on the floor looking thru books, and apologizing for Jezebel. Can’t believe out of those thousands of books I only found two patterns, and I can’t find the copies. Oh well, fate. And speaking of copies, thanks to Claudine for manning the tempermental copier. I think I’ll give it a few days of rest.

And I might have finally found something to do with the hot pink thin/thick yarn Iris gave me. What do you think of this? If anyone knows of any good patterns for seriously thick / seriously thin yarn that looks like this:
Let me know. The Tic Tacs box is there for scale. And since it’s also pink.

This is what happens when I have guests. All the make-up crap that normally lounges in the dining room ,taking up space and multiplying gets shoved in a corner of the bedroom. I really, really, really need a contractor.

Ok, ok, I know the photos are not aligned prettily. Sue me, I'm beat. I'll maybe re-publish tomorrow.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger MUDNYC said…

    Thanks Jill, I had a great time. I can't believe how quickly 5 hours flew by. Yes, I was there 5 hours and most of the people were still going strong when I left. Amazing what happens when you get together with people you really like and knit and eat...

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I clocked in at six hours! Times flies when you're knitting, chatting, and eating, I agree with Michelle. Jill, you are a perfect hostess--welcoming and warm, and such an amazing cook! I spent the whole day shovelling gorgonzola spread into my mouth. Thank you for everything!

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your party looks like it was so much fun! What a great idea!

    I've been blog hopping all day and ran across yours. I love the layout. ^_^

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The party looked fantastic.. hope you have another one some day.. i'd love to join:-) hope to see you again soon on a tuesday nite
    Karola (the crazy old lady who comes with Katy once in awhile) finally coming out of lurkdom
    eyeknit4u@aol.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home