CityMinx

Friday, February 24, 2006

Week O' Yum

I have to say, this has been a week of yummy. Monday, Claudine and I had a day of Barnes and Noble. For those who live outside the urban area, this consists of going to Barnes and Noble, going up to the cafe, and stalking the tables. Every one of the tables is always taken, and there are usually about ten people, clutching lattes and magazines, roaming thru the tables glaring meaningly at those who just an hour earlier have been glaring at other people at the overcrowded tables, and sprinting towards anyone who might look like they're thinking about putting their coat on to leave. So, after about 20 minutes of purposeful glaring and stalking, we found a table! Then one person sits and guards the table blithely ignoring the otehr poor saps' glares while the other goes and gets coffee and magazines and books, then switches out. This is what Claudine and I did. And we knitted. But back to the yummy. White chocolate mochas are yummy. So are the chocolate chip cookies from the greenmarket. Being lazy and looking thru lots of books and magazines that you don't have to pay for is definitely yummy. That was Monday.
Tuesday laundry got done, then Miss Jessamyn called saying she was nearby and would I want to hang out. Would I?! We went to Pearl River Mart, I saw her lovely kitchen gadget and yarn filled apartment, we went for sushi, then the evil little enabler dragged me kicking and screaming to Jacques Torres Chocolate Haven where I was also forced to drop about $30 on some damn yummy chocolate. Did you know they make chocolate covered Cheerios these days? Brilliant!
Wednesday I did all the cleaning I had meant to do Tuesday, then that evening my neighbor Serena and I finally made it out to Sura, this amazing Korean restaurant in my 'hood that I've been meaning to go to for, oh, I don't know, a few years now. It's always empty, but absolutely gorgeous inside and the food is fantastic. Go. Go now. This place cannot close down, it needs our patronage. And, I'll happily go with you.
Which brings us to today, a yummy to top the yums. Today was a day of Sahadi's. That deserves a whole blog of it's own, for another time. Suffice to say, i shopped for middle eastern groceries with aplomb, and bought my weight in pistachios. Then I had to go next door to Damascus and buy scads of meat and spinach pies and baklava-type desserts. Then the awesome and amazing Jenn came over and taught me how to bling my blog. Seriously, all these links would not be except for her. Thanks Jenn, you rock!
Which brings me to the yummiest of all. Who of you saw Grey's Anatomy this past week? And who the hell is Eric Dane (McSteamy, the guy Mark who broke up Addison and Derek...no, I don't watch too much TV) and why have I not worked with him yet? I have to say, just... yum.
Pix on the next entry, I promise.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Jessamyn said…

    Inaugural post - yippee! The joint looks lovely! Congratulations! If you need help adding links or photos, etc., give me a call! You might want to download Hello!, which is a free google program for cataloguing and sharing photos. It's very easy to photo blog with it.

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger MUDNYC said…

    Congrats, Jill! Your blog is going to be soooo popular! Just like you!

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Katy said…

    Welcome to blogland! Your background matches your bedroom.

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jill,

    I lOVE it. Not only is it Pink (my favorite color as you know), but I got a mention already! Cityminx totally rocks!

    Claudine

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooh, it's so cool, and it matches you! Yay! Welcome to bloggerland, where we can all keep up with each other EVERY day, when Tuesdays just aren't enough.

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Passionknitly said…

    aww....shucks....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home