CityMinx

Saturday, March 11, 2006

I'm Back, and Karma's a Bitch

Hello darlings…

I’m so so sorry that I’ve been a away for a week, there’s been drama. Boy drama, of course. Let’s just leave it at I had a fun few days while on location, but that was then and this is now and I am so much better off this way. And I am actually starting believe that. Heh, heh. Heh.

Anyway, other than that kind of fun, the Vanities decided to get silly, take advantage of the blizzard and make snow angels! I tried to post the pix of our snowangels, but alas, there's not enought contrast, and it just looks like lumpy snowscapes, BUT here is Linda and me being oh so snowbunny cute.

So, let’s see, worked for 3 days in an unheated mansion, found a great Brazilian restaurant in Stamford, had some minxy fun, earned a few bucks (No! Not that way!! For make-up!). All in all, I think everything evened out. Until Monday.

Monday, I was hit by a bit of stress. And instead of drinking myself into oblivion, eating a half pound of feta, or taking various prescription medications, I decided to crochet a scarf. It’s from the Happy Hooker book, but I think I’ll just call it the 3 Hour Stress Scarf. It would’ve been the 3 and a Half Hour Stress Scarf, but I ran out of yarn and could do scallops only on one side. Oh well, I still like how it looks. I brought to Job #2 to steam and block it out. And the adorable Johnson (yes, that’s his name, and he also said I could list his email address in case you want to tell him just how cute he looks in my scarf. And how he looks great with eyeliner on) modeled it for me, without complaint or embarrassment, but with true rock star attitude. But, I think I imbued it with so much negative energy that I just can’t hold on to it. It’ll go either as a gift, or to be donated to Rent when they do their Broadway Cares / Equity Fights AIDS auction. Yeah, charity. That’ll turn the Karma around.

I strongly believe in Karma, I think that it meshes well with the Golden Rule. Those two things, and if only people would be more polite, and have common sense, it would make things just so damn much easier. And, as long as I’m dreaming, I’d like a new laptop computer. And a car.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger Jessamyn said…

    Glad you're back in town, back from your Minxy adventures!
    The scarf looks great! Actually it looks like Johnson might need to keep it.

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    JILL!!!!!!! Hello darling!!
    LOVE the scarf - I would not have looked twice at it in the book but now you and Jewel have made it I WANT ONE TOO!!
    Think it would look good in orange?

     
  • At 2:07 AM, Blogger CityMinx said…

    it would look FAB in orange!!! I'd better see you with hanks of orangey lovelyness in tow on tuesday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home